Saturday, December 15, 2012

Aim high but lay low as the New Year approaches




To set or not to set goals could be a daunting task for many. There are two camps of thinking. The optimistic camp firmly believes going for the gold at any cost and a mentality that you will not fail, if you don’t think of failure. The pessimistic camp says setting goals in life leads to a lot of pressure, disappointment and stress - therefore no goals, no stress, no regrets.

I am neither an optimist nor a pessimist. I am a realist. I let my instincts set my goals because they are in touch with my inborn talents and skills. With instincts in charge, there is no harm in aiming high. But you must lay low and be committed. Be humble and watch your steps while you make progress. Keep your mind, eyes and ears open and mouth closed – that will be the turning point in your attempt to reach your goals. Being an objective and silent observer will help you to know whom to trust and whom not to trust which will prove invaluable in your efforts.

By Balasa Prasad MD

No comments:

Post a Comment